Trans Pacific Partnership free trade negotiations
We'd love to tell you all about the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA) free trade negotiations and what is being traded away on your behalf. But the government doesn't want anybody to know.
However, leaked documents show that the US negotiators want to:
- Undermine our PBS, making medicines more expensive;
- Overturn our protections against genetically modified crops and food;
- Weaken Australia's support for local content and TV and radio;
- Give multinational corproations the right to sue governments, for example to stop good laws like plain packaging of cigarettes; and
- Water down labour rights and environmental standards
Secrecy is no way to trade. The government must tell us what it is prepared to trade away.
|Trade DL flyer|
Latest on Trans Pacific Partnership free trade negotiations
09 Mar 2012
The Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA) is a trade agreement being negotiated between Australia, the USA, New Zealand, Brunei, Chile, Malaysia, Peru, Singapore, and Vietnam.